Rumors have engulfed Hollywood that an Oscar winner from the 1990s traded sex with Harvey Weinstein in exchange for “Hollywood favours”.
Sources of The Atlantic Telegraph are reporting that Hollywood has ‘become engulfed’ with an Oscar’s sex scandal, with rumours that an Academy Award winning actress who has remained relatively silent in the face of the ongoing Harvey Weinstein scandal is remaining low because she is “horrified” that her “arrangement” with the producer, in which she exchanged sex for “Hollywood favours” may come to light.
Rumours as to who the Hollywood starlet may be are running wild, with winners from both the Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress categories of the Oscars during the 1990s being possible candidates. This includes well-known Hollywood staples, such as Jodie Foster, who won her Academy Award for Best Actress in 1991 for her role as Clarice Starling in the movie The Silence of the Lambs. Gwyneth Paltrow, Hilary Swank, Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange are amongst other actress who won in that category during the 1990s.
In the Best Supporting Actress category, well known names include Whoopi Goldberg, Marisa Tomei, Kim Basinger and Juliette Binoche, who worked with Harvey Weinstein on the Academy Award-winning film.
A complete list of actresses who won in the Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress categories are listed below:
- 1990: Kathy Bates (Misery)
- 1991: Jodie Foster (The Silence of the Lambs)
- 1992: Emma Thompson (Howards End)
- 1993: Holly Hunter (The Piano)
- 1994: Jessica Lange (Blue Sky)
- 1995: Susan Sarandon (Dead Man Walking)
- 1996: Frances McDormand (Fargo)
- 1997: Helen Hunt (As Good as it Gets)
- 1998: Gwyneth Paltrow (Shakespeare in Love)
- 1999: Hilary Swank (Boys Don’t Cry)
Best Supporting Actress
- 1990: Whoopi Goldberg (Ghost)
- 1991: Mercedes Ruehl (The Fisher King)
- 1992: Marisa Tomei (My Cousin Vinny)
- 1993: Anna Paquin (The Piano) – please note Anna Paquin would have been a minor at this time.
- 1994: Dianne Wiest (Bullets over Broadway)
- 1995: Mira Sorvino (Mighty Aphrodite)
- 1996: Juliette Binoche (The English Patient)
- 1997: Kim Basinger (L.A. Confidential)
- 1998: Judi Dench (Shakespeare in Love)
- 1999: Angelina Jolie (Girl, Interrupted)
Who do you think is the subject of this rumour, or is it just hot wind from the Weinstein scandal?